Monday, September 25, 2006

Nintendo Stole a Super Mario Theme from 6 years ealier?


I’m a LP record digger. I love finding obscure stuff, even well past my DJing/sampling years. I feel like I’m finding a lost piece of time whenever I find some oddity I enjoy. You know that feeling you pride yourself in, when you “discovery” a band, and you find comfort that this band’s following is a tiny elite. An Elite that shakes their heads in shame at all the outsiders. I top that feeling by trying to find records who’s fans have long since come and gone, maybe even deceased, and now I… am the only fan. It may not be true, but who cares, let me hold on to this feeling for a tiny moment.

A while back, while digging through LA’s now closed Aaron’s Records, I ran across a Record from “Friendship”, and I recognized the bassists name, “Abraham Laboriel”. I remembered a buddy of mine telling me that Abe was a “sick bassist”, and at 99 cents, i couldn’t resist. So I bring my loot home, and pop it on my technics. The very first track I played is called “The Real Thing”. I was instantly floored. I couldn’t believe my ears. I was listening to a funked out version of Super Mario Brothers “Underworld” theme.
Click Here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home