Wednesday, September 13, 2006

New Kevin Smith Horror Flick (NOT Jersy Girl 2)


Kevin Smith, known for his cult comedy classics such as the ever-popular Clerks, has decided to go in a little bit of a new direction. He plans to tackle the horror genre.

Smith has revealed that his intentions are to come out with an upcoming horror flick.' Next up I want to do a horror movie. I just think it would be kind of interesting for me at least to go left. I've made seven comedies, or variation thereof, and some people would argue that none of them are funny. But it would be nice to make a horror movie. An intentional horror movie, not like Jersey Girl. It's a genre that I grew up watching on VHS and on cable when I was a kid.

Even though it's what he's known for, don't look for the movie to have any kind of comedic undertones.' No jokes and stuff, not like Scary Movie 4. There are people that do that really well, like Edgar Wright with Shaun of the Dead, but I don't want to make a comedic one, I want to make a straight-forward horror movie.

It looks like Smith doesn't know just yet exactly what the film's details will entail. But he does have an idea of what he'd like to do with it.' It'll be a bit of slasher, but I'm kind of looking more at you remember that movie Race With The Devil? It's more kind of in that vein. Or Wicker Man. Something in that vein where it's creepy and unsettling more than gore.

Whatever he does, it'll probably be good. We'll let you know when we learn any of the film's details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home