Friday, August 25, 2006

ARQUETTE CHOSE WAITRESSING OVER SCREEN NUDITY


PATRICIA ARQUETTE was so reluctant to strip for a movie scene after the birth of her son ENZO in 1989, she snubbed a lucrative acting role in favour of a lowly waitressing job.

The kooky TRUE ROMANCE actress was suddenly a struggling single mum after Enzo's father, rocker PAULO ROSSI, dumped her when their son was just four weeks old.
But no matter how desperate she was for cash, her body was too "sacred" to bare on screen.

She says, "I really needed a job. Enzo was just a baby and I had no money. I went up for an acting job the same day as I went for a waitressing job.
"I got both of them but the acting job entailed doing a love scene. I'd never done nudity. I was very private about my body. So, I said to the director, 'What do you want me to do? What do you want to see?' "I was breast-feeding my son so I felt very shy, intimidated and sacred about my body. It was a difficult decision, but I had to turn down that project, even though I didn't have any money and had a kid to feed."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home