Saturday, July 08, 2006

Snappy-Suited Boy, 11, Is Lemonade Entrepreneur


When you walk or drive by the corner of 49th St. and France Ave. in Minneapolis, it’s hard not to notice the 11-year-old boy selling lemonade wearing a business suit.
Ethan Esparza takes dressing for success to a new level. "When the people saw me, they just really thought it was cute," Esparza said. "I got a lot of money, so I thought, ‘Maybe I’ll wear a suit every time I do a lemonade stand'." He started three years ago, when he was only eight, wearing the suit and tie almost every day.
Esparza’s casual attire was a disaster, "Once I wore a T-shirt, I just made five bucks." He works the yard in front of his grandmother’s house every Tuesday and Saturday. His uniform attracts large crowds and big tippers. Mary Looney remarked, "I think he’s the most professional-looking lemonade salesman I’ve ever seen. We had to stop."
  • Full Story Here
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home