Monday, July 24, 2006

Attacker bites chunk out of mom



A Durban woman will have to undergo cosmetic surgery after her Margate holiday turned into a nightmare when an attacker bit a piece of flesh from her cheek. The chunk of flesh that was chomped out of her cheek was the size of a R5 coin Kim Bailey, 42, says she and her 15-year-old daughter, Bronwyn, were staying at her parents' home in Margate when the incident occurred. "I try to keep fit and went for beach walks along the sea in the afternoons. I was stretching my leg muscles one afternoon when I saw a man approaching. "When he reached me, he grabbed me without any warning and threw me to the ground. "He grabbed my hand and pulled me to bushes along the road. Everything happened in seconds." Assaulted, beaten and cursed Bailey said she screamed, but apparently no one heard her. Her attacker dragged her about 15m through the bushes to the beach. She was assaulted, beaten and cursed. On the beach, the man took a screwdriver out of his pocket and threatened to stab her. Bailey said she initially tried to calm her attacker and pleaded with him not to hurt her. "He grabbed my cellphone and repeatedly demanded money, but I didn't have anything on me. "I took off an expensive diamond ring and gave it to him in the hope he would leave me alone, but he just continued assaulting me."

  • Full Story Here
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home