Friday, June 09, 2006

Ronald McDonald


Nearly a week after Ronald McDonald statue disappeared from a bench outside a McDonald’s restaurant in Miramar Beach, the fast food icon was found sprawled in front of a house on Matthews Street.

Duct tape covered his mouth and Mardi Gras beads hung around his neck. A typed note taped to his chest gave few clues as to where he spent the last six days.

“I went out for a little vacation, sorry for the fuss,” the note began. “But I’m back now. I didn’t mean to cause such a problem, but maybe you should bolt me down better next time.”

A homeowner called police about 7 a.m. Friday, while neighbors gathered to have their pictures taken with Ronald. “My girlfriend was going to work this morning. She came back and she said, ‘You wouldn’t believe it. Ronald McDonald was on a mailbox two doors down,’ ” said T.J. Swafford, who brought his digital camera to the scene.
  • Full Story Here
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home